We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food at Wilderness...

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Food at Wilderness...

Can anyone comment on the food price or quality at the Wilderness? Anything from snackbar type food (that we'd probably grab while at the waterpark) to the breakfast buffet (the B1G1 free kids' meal with the purchase of an adult meal at the Wild Canyon Cafe has me intrigued). Need some help in making a game plan.

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food at Wilderness...

We have stayed at Wilderness many times but only during the winter months so I cannot comment on the outside snack areas (if any). We have eaten at the quick food stand in the Wild Water Dome. The food was ok and kind of pricey. We just got 2 meals and all shared. If our condo would have been ready we would have skipped the food stand.

We have eaten at the Wild Canyon Cafe with the BOGO but that was for dinner. Each adult buffet was $18 and we didn't think the meal was worth it. The food was ok but there are many better options in the Dells. But if you want to relax and not have to drive it will work.

Breakfast is probably cheaper and could be better.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food at Wilderness...

In my opinion, Monk's at the Wilderness is the only place on-site that has decent food and bearable prices.

Go to Wal-Mart before you check in and buy some snacks and beverages and keep them in the fridge in your room.

Go off-site for other meals. Try Howie's Huge Breakfast and Pizza Pub.

Don't order Domino's.

Clear Lake
Level Contributor
337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food at Wilderness...

Our favorite restaurant at the Dells is the Moosejaw. Beware of the long wait though, but I think its worth it! I believe there are coupons for their pizza all over the place too.

We are staying at Glacier Lodge in August and plan to go to Walmart to get breakfast and lunch stuff, so we'll just be dining out for dinner.

Fairhope, Alabama
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food at Wilderness...

We will be there in August as well and plan on doing the same thing. I read some reviews about Moosejaw and it seems like it might be a dinner option one night!!!

5. Re: Food at Wilderness...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells
Recent Conversations