We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day to visit the waterparks

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Best day to visit the waterparks

Hi-

We usually go to the Dells 2 times per winter but never go during the summer. We were planning to take the kids to Noah's Ark this summer but my son brought home free tickets to Mt Olympus yesterday from school so we are planning on that instead (I know that it is not as good).

The tickets are only good through July 1st so we need to go this month. We are only going to do it as a day trip so what I am wondering is what day of the week is the best to visit Mt Olympus? When I say best I am looking at the slowest time. We have heard some about Sunday but would think that Tuesday or Wednesday would be better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

P.S. Our youngest is a very small 4 year old so we will only be doing the waterpark, not the thrill rides.

Edited: 08 June 2011, 16:19
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

you'll still have weekenders that stay Sunday, I would say a better bet is early in the week, maybe Tuesday is best. I haven't been to Mt. Olympus so I don't know for sure just in general that seems to work well for less crowds at area attractions than on/close to the weekend.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

Tuesday or Wed. are the best. After this week, all the school trips should be over .

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

Friday, Saturday and Thursday are for sure the busiest, in that order. Depending on sunshine, temps etc the rest of the week is hit and miss. If you are driving in for the day, I would say shoot for a Tuesday or Wednesday.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

FYI - Be prepared to pay to park at Mt. Olympus. $5 to $10 per vehicle.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

Thanks for all the replies. We will go with a Tuesday or Wednesday. We will probably go in 2 weeks and then pick the day that has the better weather. We do have to pay for one person as there are 5 in our family but with that and parking it is still cheaper than Noah's Ark.

Thanks again!

6. Re: Best day to visit the waterparks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:19