We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

magic shows

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
132 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
magic shows

Anyone been to either Rick Wilcox or Jeremy Allen show? Is it worth it? Which is better? Bringing a 10 year old boy. Trying to debate if it's worth it. We've never been to a magic show ever.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: magic shows

Have seen neither -- but have been in both facilities -- Wilcox is in a theater style building. Allen is in a storefront at a stripmall. I think the theater setting is much more appealing.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: magic shows

We will be at the Wilcox Show in about a month. It's just my 9 year old daughter and I going and she's pretty excited. We have gone to a couple magic shows over the years and they fascinate her. I looked into both a little bit and it looks like the Wilcox show is a better production. Hopefully someone will post that has been there before to give us the inside scoop.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: magic shows

Went to the Rick Wilcox show last summer with three kids, one of whom was a 9 1/2 yr. old boy. He absolutely loved it to the point he was attempting to do magic tricks at home. If Rick still makes the sports car appear, that was a "wow" moment for our boys. It held their attention the entire time. I haven't been to the other one, but would highly recommend Rick's. Also a good activity on a hot day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: magic shows

Do not waste your money on Jeremy Allen. We went last year. He is a horrible actor, the tricks mediocre, and they only show a tiger in a cage(not part of show). I was angry we wasted our time here. This show is cheesy! It's also in what appears to be an old restaurant in a strip mall. If you do pick this one, do not pay extra to upgrade seats- the venue is small enough that you will be able to see just fine. Overall, this was a major disappointment.

Twin Cities
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: magic shows

I've seen 20 magic shows all around the country and the Wilcox show can hold their own with most of them. By far it is the best show to see in the Dells. Very entertaining and well worth your time and $$$.

Twin Cities
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: magic shows

I've seen 20 magic shows all around the country and the Wilcox show can hold their own with most of them. By far it is the best show to see in the Dells. Very entertaining and well worth your time and $$$.

7. Re: magic shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:16