We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
10 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

There is so much competition in the area we want to spend our money wisely. Which place offers the best trail rides (horseback)? Where can we get great views on a boat tour AND one maybe with a little but of "excitement?" Family trip with mom, dad, 16 and 11 year old.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

You can't go wrong with the Ducks. If you're staying at Wilderness (and maybe others) they pick you up there, and bring you back of course. The tour is long enough to get your money's worth, and is entertaining. Just enough corny jokes! The splash downs are great. Your 11 year old should be free, not sure about the 16 year old. We had a bit of a snafu in getting our tickets, and the driver took us straight to his manager, who promptly gave us 20% off for our troubles. Very nice.

We did Canyon Creek trail ride. I can't compare with others, but I felt it was pretty pricey (almost $100 for our family of 5). I'm sure that is probably about normal, I just don't really like trail rides! My kids loved it though. It was rather long too-not in a bad way, just long enough to be enough.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

for more zip try the jet boat ride, otherwise a must do is the Original Wisconsin Ducks as mentioned. The price for the trail ride is reasonable. We did one there in the Dells many years ago (mid 90's) and I don't know off hand which one it was and it probably wouldn't help as that's too long ago. Enjoy your trip.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

BTW, Canyon Creek is just across the street from Glacier Canyon Lodge. The trail winds behind the lodge-we watched several from our balcony.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

Canyon Creek may be the only trail ride open these days. Insurance costs went thru the roof and caused a number of small operations to close.

If you want to get wet and see the sights do the jet boats, if not -- Original Wisconsin Ducks.

blaine,minnesota
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

wild thing jet boat for excitement on the water, by far the best jet boat in the dells. Have done the canyon creek trail ride and it was fine, it depends on what your idea of a trail ride is. The horses at canyon creek are trained to follow the horse in front of them so it is good for inexperienced riders. If you are a more advanced rider it might not be too exciting but it is a nice ride and scenic.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
10 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

Thanks

7. Re: First visit: best boat tours and horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18