We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Trying to decide whether to go with a cheaper hotel and pay to go to the waterpark, or pay more and stay at one of the waterpark hotels. We have two nights booked at Blackhawk Motel which includes passes to Chula Vista. Need to move to another hotel for next 3 nights as Blackhawk is booked. Which of the waterpark hotels has the best indoor water park? Other option is to stay Amber's Hideaway and buy day passes to one of the waterparks. I'm totally lost about what to do!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

If you want the scariest rides and the most options on rides, then you want to go to Noah's Ark. It is entirely outdoors and not part of a resort. Only Chula Vista and Kalahari sell day passes to people not staying at their resort. There may be some motel packages that include access to Wilderness or Great Wolf, but thats iffy. Kalahari supposedly does not sell day passes if their vacancy rate is low in order to control the usage of the water park. You might want to book a motel that has packages including tickets to Noah's Ark. Or if you want coasters and go carts with waterpark rides you can go to Mt Olympus. You can stay on grounds or at other motels that offer packages.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
463 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

I have been to Kalahari, Chula Vista and Wilderness, and to me of the three Wilderness wins! Although some people don't like the fact that Wilderness water parks are spread out among several buildings I do.

There were rumors on here that although Wilderness says their waterparks are for guests only, that passes are included at a budget place called Field's motel. That's what Field's website says too. I haven't stayed there so know nothing about it.

Have a nice trip!

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

If you are going to buy a day pass in the summer, buy Noah's Ark or Mt. Olympus. Kalahari and Chula will charge you as much for a day pass as Noah's for far fewer rides. Not sure why you would want an indoor park.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Thanks everyone for your replies. We will definitely be going to Noah's Ark. Elveric, I also prefer outdoor waterparks, but I'm concerned about the weather. If it rains or is a cool day, I'm not sure if we'd be comfortable being outside. I looked at average weather temps for the time period we will be there, and the average high is 77 - not all that warm for being at an outdoor waterpark, in my opinion.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Just went to noahs ark and I think wilderness and Kalahari are better

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Interesting, Msmejkal! We try Noah's Ark for the first time next month; I'll have to see how I think it compares to Wilderness's waterparks (haven't ever used Kalahari's).

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

We've been to Noah's in the upper 70's and it's been great, very comfortable. Rain can be an issue but if you have more than one day choose the best weather day for Noah's. If you only have one day it's likely to work too. Often we've only had a day and the day has always worked for us. I hope the same is true for you. Noah's Ark will not disappoint.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

msmejkal, would you might sharing what you liked more about the resort parks. Thanks!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

trip report coming tomorrow : )

Tinley Park...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best indoor and outdoor waterparks

Mt. Olympus hands down. We were just there for the fourth. It's right down the street from Noah's ark. We stayed at the water park at hotel Rome. Our room had two queen beds and a bunk bed. There was two adults and four Kids perfect. The water park was huge, the wave pool was crazy it knocks you out. The indoor watermarks were awesome the rides were scary the go carts fast, the have batting cage, catapults, airbrush tattoos, great food, even though we drove down the street to famous Dave's. they had the best fourth of july display i ever seen. also plenty of parking, and great scary and not scary if you choose water slides. our picky kids did not want to leave. Noah's ark looked ok but it's nowhere near as large as mt. Olympus. When we come back we will do like the smart people and bring small grills. There were a few people with small grills outside their cars in the parking lot. I asked for new towels everyday and did not have any problems. I would say stay at mt. Olympus at the hotel Rome because everything is included with the price exept the catapults, which isn't a big deal I think those costed us 15 bucks. You don't have to carry around cash with you they give you wrist bands make sure to tell the kids not to scan anything without asking first, and if they can't find you then the answers no. Trust me go there.

Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells