We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

I realize these two are part of one large water park. Which would be better to stay at? Our trip will be at the end of July. With a 13 and 15 yr old. I am concerned about noise levels, is the fourth floor a must for me? or will the third do? any other advice regarding choosing the Wilderness over Glacier Canyon? I am fussy about the room for cleanliness and even feeling new-ish would be nice. Some may say that you don't spend time in your room, but its still super important to me.

also any suggestions on healthy eating, we'll get enough grease and fast food to be sure but we've never been to Wisconsin Dells so any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I read in other posts that the food at the Wilderness isn't great. Thanks ahead of time.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
607 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

We have stayed many different locations within the Wilderness and Glacier Canyon and never noticed a noise issue. We prefer Glacier Canyon. We typically get a super deals on condos on the Wyndham Glacier Canyon side side through Ebay. Monk's restaurant is located on Wilderness property and has good food. Paul Bunyan's is one of our favorites.

Casey
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

We stayed at Glacier Canyon in 2010- guess it's been a few years so things may have changed. Just from what I saw walking through the halls, I think I preferred Glacier Canyon to the Wilderness section. We picked it because we were there with another family and we could get two bedrooms for my family, a two-bed hotel style room for the other family, and a common living room/kitchen. Worked out perfect for us.

We bought groceries since we had a kitchen and ate breakfast and lunch in the room, and suppers out in town. We didn't eat at Wilderness.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

Thank you very much for your help and advice. I think Glacier canyon will be the best choice and I will be trying out Monks!

4. Re: First stay at the Wilderness or Glacier Canyon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:16