We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells on crutches

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Wisconsin Dells on crutches

Hi all!

So I recently dislocated my knee which was put me on crutches for the next 6 weeks. We are leaving for the Dells on Aug. 16th. I was so looking forward to our first time there but not so much now that I am on crutches. My question is - is there any activities that could cater to someone on crutches (unable to bend my left leg at all)? Prior to my injury I was hoping to go to Noah's Ark, the Rick Wilcox Magic Show and a jet boat tour. Now I am thinking none of that will be possible :(.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Mishawaka, Indiana...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

rent a electric wheelchair when u get there ... I rented one in vegas was all over the place .. its kinda fun lol

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

Well, I'd think Noah's Ark would definitely be out. Probably no point going to a water park if you can't do any of the rides;-)!

I would imagine the magic show would still be doable. You could call and ask them if there's many steps to get to your seat, and if they have seating that would work for you.

I don't know about the jet boat tour, I've never done it. I'd call them and ask. An alternative could be the Upper Dells boat tour, which is scenic. You'd maybe want to pass on getting out at the two stops, although Witches Gulch is flat and I think you could easily walk it on crutches.

If you go downtown to shop or just look around, be careful of the crowds. The sidewalks can get very busy.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
467 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

I'm sorry about your injury. I will also suggest the Tommy Bartlett ski show. It's been some time since I've been there, but I seem to remember handicap seating similar to that at ball parks with room for wheelchairs, so I'm guessing you could sit with your knee extended there. Again, calling places to ask is a good start.

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

The Rick Wilcox Show should be great. I have spent a lot of time on crutches and stairs aren't too bad. Ramps are actually worse. I don't think there are any stairs at the theater. The approach outside and the theater are sloped, but that shouldn't deter you. You won't get to sit in the middle of the regular rows, btu they should be able to accommodate you. The Tommy Bartlett show is ok too. There is supposed to be a good Lumberjack show, but I haven't seen it.

The deer park is pretty cool. If you aren't conditioned to using crutches, it would be a long haul.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

You guys are awesome! I will definitely get on calling a few places we were wanting to go. Thanks for your input everyone!

6. Re: Wisconsin Dells on crutches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:18