We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

My husband, 6-year-old son and I are planning to come to the Dells for a short winter getaway in January or February. Are there any other hotels/resorts beside the Polynesian that have indoor waterparks and are less than $120 per night? We're on a fairly tight budget.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

For that price range, I'd recommend the Polynesian, as it is really does have an indoor waterpark, not just an indoor pool with some slides they CALL an indoor waterpark. (There are a number of those properties, so be aware.) Keep looking for on-line deals. If you can come during the week, you'll find better prices of course.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

Have you tried Hotwire? Check for the deals then go to the hotels website and see if that's what you want. Just an idea for shopping around. I usually bring a cooler so you can have soda, snacks etc, even lunch meat for sandwiches. You can also stay in an inexpensive motel and get day passes to some of the big Waterparks. Keep checking, this is a very helpful site for answering your questions. Also did you check www.ratethedells.com. website? The site is up and down so keep checking............You'll have fun, we always do and this will be my 5th trip since June.......Good luck

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

We just returned from our annual trip to the dells about three weeks ago. We normally stay at the Polynesian but decided to try one of the bigger waterpark hotels. We choose the Wilderness and it was too overwhelming and way too crowded for me. We went during teachers convention weekend and stayed Fri-Sun. Our kids ages 7 and 4 enjoyed it especially the wave pool and the indoor/outdoor hot tubs. Like Elveric stated if you are able to go during the week the prices for the rooms will be alot cheaper. The Wilderness advertises room rates of 89 Sun-thurs for the next couple of months on their website.

Raintree resort might fit your budget but we haven't stayed there since the change of management.

Also like a pp stated Be aware that all places that claim to have a indoor waterpark might not be what you have in mind. In my opinion a place with two slides and a hot tub is not a waterpark.

I would say check the polynesians website for specials (we always found some good ones) and look into the Wilderness for that 89 a night special.

I wrote a review about our stay at the wilderness on this site. Its titled weekend in the wilderness.

hope this helps

Berwyn, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

We just got back from the Dells. We stayed at the Atlantic they have 49.00 + tax room right now. Go to there website. It's for kids under 12. But the hot tub was nice. They also have suites for about 99.00.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

Check the rest of the reviews before you book at the Atlantis.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

I'd also like to put in a good word for the Polynesian. We have stayed there twice (kids are 8 and 10) and had a blast. The indoor waterpark is a lot of fun with two big slides and a lazy river. There is another, smaller waterpark inside for little kids (water is about a foot deep). There is also a separate indoor pool off the lobby with a basketball hoop. There are two nice game rooms as well that my kids liked. Our double queen rooms were nice sized and very clean during both visits and the staff was terrific. We added their pizza package to our visit (large pizza, four drinks and a movie) for $25 and that was fun, too. Do check out their website and look for special rates during the week.

Hope that helps,

debbie

chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

You can rent a cabin for about $300 for an entire week (or just a few nights) at Christmas Mountain Village, just outside of the dells, through the Timeshare Users Group website at www.tug2.net. You'll get a 2-bedroom cabin with a full kitchen and fireplace for that price. Save the $ you would have spent on a hotel, buy a Dells coupon book for 10 bucks and get a ton of 2 for 1 coupons to everything, including the Chula Vista Water Park. It's the newest and, in my opinion, one of the best in the dells.

Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

There is a special on for February at Wilderness for $99.00 per night.

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

If you can go Sun-Thurs the Kalahari has tons of specials as does the Great Wolf ($129 per night)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: inexpensive hotels w/ indoor waterparks

I would recommend Treasure Island. They are a family resort and have a excellent indoor waterpark and amusements rides indoors! They are always running specials out of season.