We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wagon or tail rides on the Oregon Trail

New England
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wagon or tail rides on the Oregon Trail

I have seen listings of some companies (Historic Trails West for example)) that take tourists on a wagon or horse on parts of the trail. Has anyone any experience with any of the companies operating out of Casper?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wagon or tail rides on the Oregon Trail

I don't know anything about these companies, but I did look at this one's web site and offer a couple of comments.

If you want to ride a wagon along a part of the Oregon Trail, you want to look at rides near (likely west of) Casper rather than near Dubois, since the Trails got nowhere near Dubois.

You might also want to read comments, if you can find them, from folks who have taken these wagon rides - from the standpoint of comfort. I once sprained an ankle while pushing cows and rode in a chuckwagon for a full morning. It was so bumpy that I almost got seasick (like I do if I close my eyes and try to sleep while riding a horse). Anyway, it's just a question you might want to check out before you sign up for a long ride in a wagon.

If you do take one of these rides, please post a trip report on your experience.

Edited: 25 July 2013, 19:47
2. Re: Wagon or tail rides on the Oregon Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 18:35
3. Re: Wagon or tail rides on the Oregon Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2017, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Casper
More Casper Topics