We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plains Indian Museum Powwow

jacksonville fl
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Plains Indian Museum Powwow

We're interested in coming over from Yellowstone to Cody for the Plain Indian Museum Powwow later this month. That Saturday is "moving day" for us, as we are leaving Dunraven Lodge in the YNP Canyon area and going to Jackson. If we came over for the Powwow, which my wife is keenly interested in, we probably would have to make it an overnighter--trying to drive from there to Cody for a few hours and then driving back to Jackson before nightfall looks like a fool's errand--if we could drop our first day's lodging in Jackson without losing the other two days.

Any thoughts or experiences to share? Thx, BD

Cody
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plains Indian Museum Powwow

The Powwow is a very colorful, fun event to attend.

The dancers will begin at noon on Saturday and go til about 5. Then begin again at 6.

Sunday they perform from noon to 5.

Cody is a great place to overnight - although that isn't near enough time to do everything there is to do.

Dan Miller's Cowboy Music Revue is that Saturday night at 8 - it is a wonderful show!

I think it would be worth the drive. Especially if the weather warms up!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,662 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plains Indian Museum Powwow

There is a lot to do in Cody. The museums, rodeo and music review are just a few. We enjoyed our visit to Cody even with cool weather. We loved staying at Cody Cowboy Village.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plains Indian Museum Powwow

Where did you eat while in Cody? Did you eat at the place you ususally mention? The name escapes me now. Too much going on in my head today.

4. Re: Plains Indian Museum Powwow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 09:26