We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Nebraska
2 posts
Save Topic
Places to stay

Family of 4 with 2 teens looking for a nice clean place stay. Would like a cabin and can be anywhere between Cody and Yellowstone. Please help because after reading reviews on several lodges it seems most are dingy, dirty and small. We also would like to bring our ATV's if anyone knows of any nice trails.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay

Sorry, can't help you with a cabin for lodging. We stayed at the Best Western in Cody. It was very nice with an indoor pool and an outdoor one. Our room was really nice as well.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay

Plus they had a great continential breakfast!

Nebraska
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay

Thanks for the info. We may just end up playing it safe and staying in a motel too. I also see that there is a new place in Cody called Cowboy Village so we might stay there.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay

A cabin while visiting Yellowstone? If so, quite a drive into and through the park.

If for one night only, I'd go with posted advice.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay

I forgot to add, I'd bet all will like this:

Cody, WY www.bbhc.org/home/index.cfm…

Of course, no ATVs in the Park itself.

Unclear if you are going into the Park. If you are, my guess is that, rather than drag the ATVs along, you all will find YNP so fascinating that they will be excess baggage.

Cody
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay

Hi Nebraska -

There are 9 guest/dude ranches between Cody and Yellowstone. Although some are very old, they have been updated. The Bill Cody Ranch is very nice, Crossed Sabres and Absaroka are too.

The offer a beautiful mountain setting, trail rides, fresh mountain air.

In town the Cody Cowboy Village is nice, as is the Buffalo Bill Village.

Local ATV dealers can advise good trail rides.

phila,pa
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to stay

Just outside of a small town called Ten Sleep, Wy is a great actual working cattle ranch which I found to be the best vacation yet. Horseback riding, herding cattle (if you want), exploring with your atv in canyons and thru sgaebrush spotting elk, muke deer and antelope and the occosional eagle flying overhead made for a memorable experience.

The accomodations were top notch, nothing left out and if it wasen't there for me all I had to do was ask,,I didn't have to ask for much..

For a true ranch experience that won't dissappoint give a look at the red-reflet-ranch.net

Louis

Phila,PA

Save Reply
8. Re: Places to stay

If you want a great place to stay and one that should meet your needs. There are ATV trails all around the area for people to explore. You should check out the K3 Guest Ranch on Trip Advisor reviews. The ranch is located a few minuites South of Cody. They have trick horses and a dog named Buddy that does his tricks each morning for his treats.

9. Re: Places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 05:16