We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

Is the reservoir worth a quick stop on our way from Cody to Yellowstone? Is it right off the main highway and how long would it take for a quick look? We'll be staying in Canyon Village in Yellowstone so need to have time later that day to tour that area.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,827 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

The view of the dam is from a pull off on the side of the road. It will take you all of 15 min to see. There is a visitors Center on the other side, but it was closed when we drove by so can't say what they offer.

Stuart, FL
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

We stopped and thought it was worth it - Very small visitor's center = not much to see but they had a film about the history of the dam which takes about 20 minutes which we thought was very good - You don't appreciate the dam until you see the history behind it.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

If my memory serves me right, you have a too short visit to Yellowstone and are carving out time to run to Cody for a half day at the musuem complex. If that's the case, then I would skip the dam. As it is, you will be missing or at least cutting many experiences short in Yellowstone as it is.

4. Re: Buffalo Bill Reservoir Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 07:17