We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PowWow dates 2011?

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
PowWow dates 2011?

Hi,

does anyone know, or tell me where I can find, the PowWow dates for next year (2011) please?

We had to cancel our trip this year so we're planning for next June instead and want to be in the right place at the right time for this event.

Thanks!

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

It is generally the third weekend in June. Since you are in the UK and calling to the States is difficult, I'll see if I can call their Chamber of Commerce and get the exact 2011 date for you, once they are open (its still an hour before they are likely open right now).

UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

That would be great if you could!

It's took a bunch of planning to get our trip right for this year and be in the right place at the right with somewhere to sleep I want to get organised as soon as possible for next year!

Thanks!

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

Email the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody to ask if they have the dates set for 2010 yet. The email address off their website is: info@bbhc.org

The link for the Plains Indian museum that has some information about the powwow that was held this summer is:

http://www.bbhc.org/events/powwow/

Hope you get an answer.

Deb

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

oops.....meant to say "to see if they have the dates set for 2011 yet"

Plymouth
Level Contributor
57 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

Just seen your message whilst searching for pow wows ourselves. We have flights booked to Denver on 14th June, coming back to London on 5th July and will be travelling around Wyoming and eastern Idaho and one of the must see things is a pow wow, along with a rodeo. Have found some info on rodeos but trying to find a pow wow so we can start planning our route. Would welcome any info you have received on the subject ? When and where is your visit planned? Would love to chat with someone else who is going to 'cowboy country'

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

We are also going to Wy in June next year, can recommend the Cody rodeo which is on nightly, or was, and the old trail town next door to the rodeo if you are into the old west thing as we are.The BBHC is highly recommended as well.

We also would like to see a pow wow or a rendezvous type gathering in June if we can find any.We are flying into Denver 29th May and staying for a month, we will tour around, taking in Wyoming (including Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons), as well as Montana , Sawtooth Mountain area in Idaho, and hopefully Arizona 4 corners area again to the Navajo reservation, New Mexico etc.

This will be our fourth visit to these area's since the early nineties, we love it.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

http://www.museumofthemountainman.com/

www.pinedaleonline.com/RendezvousDays.HTM

wind-river.org/info/assets/pdf-pressreleases…

The links above may be helpful to you.

The Cody rodeo is held every night during the summer. The Jackson rodeo is Wed and Sat nights starting around the last weekend in May (unless postponed due to snow). Many other Wyoming towns also have a summer rodeo.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

Hi,

Looks like a Brit invasion of Wyoming next June !

We're hoping to go too - planning to fly late June and touring for 2 weeks.

Nothing booked yet but, like you, would really like to attend a pow wow and I'm searching the net to try and find some info. I'll post back on this thread if I find anything meantime I'll keep looking back in case any further info becomes available.

Also on the wish list is a hot air balloon flight. Has anyone found anything apart from Jackson hole and Badlands area?

Regards

Emily's grandad

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

What's not to like about Wyoming, it is my absolutely all time favourite state, we also like Colorado (4 corners), NM ,AZ and the Navajo reservation,I read all the Tony Hillerman books twice, also Montana, Idaho and Utah as well.

There is so much to do and see in these places, the people are lovely and friendly to us Brits it seems, and they speak English, well nearly anyway.

Roll on next June, this will be our fourth visit to these states, we will never tire of them.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PowWow dates 2011?

When you're in Cody, try to catch Dan Miller's cowboy music show at the old theater across from the Irma Hotel in downtown. Great western music. Hope you enjoy your Wyoming trip.