We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Which Cody hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Hi,

We will be travelling this route and will Definately make a stop in Cody but I would like to know if there are any small towns with accomodation for a couple on this route which would bring us almost to Yellowstone. Cody looks lovely but I am looking for something less touristy just for a clean comfortable quiet nights sleep please.

Thanks ever so much,

Penny :)

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

What "hot springs" are you referring to? Mammoth Hot Springs?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
27,417 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Cody is a great town with the rodeo in summer and Buffalo Bill museums. It is the closest town to the east entrance of YNP.

TetonBill- I think they must be coming from Hot Springs, SD. They posted on the SD forum also.

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Hi,

It's Hot Springs in South Dakota,, apologies for the confusion.

I realise that Cody has all these wonderful attractions but having seen a lot of these similar attractions before we are concentrating on other areas such as Yellowstone as our itenary is quite packed. We will Definately stop in Cody and look at the museum and similar daytime attractions as it seems to be a very pretty town.

Thank you.

:)

Edited: 05 January 2013, 01:52
ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Hi,

Gosh those other towns are certainly much farther away. I suppose what I was trying to get across is it didn't matter to me if I stayed in Cody as due to travel itenary I will get to see it but only for a few hours really. I am looking forward to it but will not have time for the shows.I have had a good look again and think I may go with the Cowboy village. Thanks very much for your advice

Much appreciated

Penny :)

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

Let us know if you have any more questions.

6. Re: Hot Springs-Yellowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:17