We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Cody

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
325 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Cody

I have read that Irma is a nice place for a meal but don't see it listed on TA as a top place to stay. Thinking of booking a nite in Cody in August but don't want to break the bank. What do you recommend for a nice, clean and inexpensive place to lay our heads? Close in town is always a plus!

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,443 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Cody

We always stay at the Cody Cowboy Village which is out closer to the rodeo. There are a couple of BW's in town. The one that is next to the Sunset House Cafe is good. Have family who has stayed there.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Cody

The Irma has a great dining room, but the hotel portion is pretty old (though quite historic), which probably accounts for the so-so reviews. On the east side of town, we've stayed at the Comfort Inn and the nearby Holiday Inn (which have the same owner) and were happy with our stay. Both are easy walking distance to the center of town, but a drive to the BB museums and rodeo.

Edited: 08 February 2014, 16:06
Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
325 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Cody

Booked the Cowboy Village! Now to plan our day and night. Never been to a rodeo, or even thought about going. But, when in Rome do as the Romans do??? Of course, we will go thru the museum, not ALL but some of it.

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,656 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Cody

I see you've already booked by I've stayed twice in Cody, last time at the Beartooth Inn on the outskirts. I loved it and would stay there again because it was not as congested as the others and was easy to get to by going down the back way to the rodeo/museum and bypassing the downtown area crowd. For some reason instead of showing up as a hotel it is listed with the B&Bs and Inns in the reviews.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

It does come in quite a bit cheaper than the Cowboy Village and is close to some grocery stores if you want to stock up before you hit the road.

5. Re: Hotel in Cody

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:20