We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

We will be in Cody for the Stampede on the 4th of July. I am looking to buy tickets for the rodeo now and my options are Section B closer to the arena or F, D, or E higher up. Any suggestions on what are the better seats to have would be appreciated. Thanks for the advice.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

I'd sit on the north side of the arena, as low as possible. That way you're overlooking the bucking chutes and are closer to the action.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
52 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

The seats on the north side - the buzzards roost - aren't available during the stampede for some reason.

The seats I can buy online are all on the south side stands. My choices are at the very east end very low (3rd row) or as I move to the center the available rows get higher and higher.

So -

Section A is 3rd row

Section B is 8th row

Section C is 15th row

Section D (the Center section) is 21st row

Am I better off being more centered or lower, but off to the side. Where does the action take place?

Thanks for the advice

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

I would try to get as low as you can, and then toward the center or a little left (westward). The action comes from the bucking chutes across from you plus from the gates on the far west side (roping events and barrel racing).

4. Re: Cody Rodeo - where to sit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:17