We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for hotel

Great Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Recommendation for hotel

Does anyone have any suggestions about staying in Douglas, WY? We plan to arrive there from the Denver airport and on our way to SD. Thanks for any help!

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for hotel

We stay at the Holiday Inn. Haven't stayed elsewhere, but it's convenient to the interstate. Staying in Douglas will add about 30-40 minutes to the length of your trip to South Dakota, because of the back tracking. When do you get into the Denver airport? I'm assuming you will be travelling in the next 2 months?

Great Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for hotel

Yes, we're flying into Denver at the end of July. We had read about the LaBonte Hotel in Douglas but can't seem to find much on it - no website, etc. Like everyone we'd like to find something "quaint". Since we're arriving early in the day we thought we could make it as far as Douglas that first day before hitting SD. I see there will be a little backtracking but it doesn't look like very much. Thanks for your reply. We're excited since we haven't seen anything out west.

Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for hotel

The drive from DIA to Douglas would take you about 3 1/2 hours. Plan an hour to an hour & a half to get in your rental car from landing time.

If you wanted to get further down the road, DIA to Newcastle, WY would be about 5 1/2 hours. If you wanted to drive that far, I might suggest overnighting in Hot Springs SD and enjoying the hot mineral springs the next morning. From the Denver Airport that would take you a little less than 6 hours.

I'm assuming you are heading to the Black Hills / Mount Rushmore.

4. Re: Recommendation for hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Douglas
Recent Conversations