We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubois, Wyoming

Which Dubois hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
6 posts
Save Topic
Dubois, Wyoming

Hi. I'm in the process of planning a 30 day trip through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Coloardo, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho for summer of '07. I've managed to get into Wyoming and need some help.

We will be entering Wyoming from the south from Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I'm planning on a northwestly route to get into the Grand Tetons.

We are looking for a fully-equipped cabin, on a river for fishing, for about a three day rental that can be in the Dubois area, or anywhere between Steamboat Springs and the Grand Tetons. We're on a budget so I can't spend a fortune.

Can anyone help with ideas or suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Hi Harkins

Look at: www.duboiswyoming.org

It'll give all the info.

With all people going to the famous National Parks, this is nothing less than a hidden gem to most visitors. When we passed we only could allow a short stop over here but next time we will stay longer in the area ,hands down. Great surroundings!

Tet{:o)-

Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Thanks Tet14! I'll go to that site this evening.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Hi Harkings

I've read your post on the Utah Forum too and as other have said, Kodachrome is nothing special between all these A+ parks in the hood but if you want to stay there better take 89 and 12 instead of the dirt (last part) road off 89

You are planning a great trip. Where are you flying to and from?

Cheers

Tet

Maryland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Hi Tet,

At this point, we're undecided whether we are going to fly or drive. We are on the East Coast so if we decide to fly, it will be into New Mexico (probably Alburqueque (sp), and fly out of either Billings, Montana or Great Falls, Montana.

Since we have 2 kids and a LOT of gear to take (hubby and kids insist on guitars and LOTS of fishing gear); we may opt to drive. We have a large SUV so that shouldn't be a problem for comfort, etc. A big plus, we get to see alot of the country that we normally woudn't see. We're figuring 3 days out; 3 days back which would leave us with between 24 and 26 days of travel to sightsee.

Thanks for both of your comments. I really appreciate them. For Utah, I think we're leaning towards continuing on 89, perhaps swinging down to see the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, then going through Kanab, Bryce, Escalante, and Arches. The post about the dirt road being steep and washing out in storms was enough to say, "thanks, but no thanks!"

Any other ideas, please feel free to share!

harkins

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Hi Harkins

If it's any help, my address is: Tet14fromholland@yahoo.com

as an "extra" to your regular posts on the forums. Local experts will give you many details, I am more the guy for (long) itineraries.

Tet

cornwall uk
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

DO NOT USE THE SUPER 8 AT DUBOIS.

We were a party of four who were all taken ill after having stayed at this smelly, very shabby hotel

One problem is that you never see any staff, the reception is behind glass windows. But the worst problem is no where to sit to eat their meagre breakfast. There is a jacuzzi next to the reception, with two tables, an the smell from it was nauseating. It had mould spores in the cover and mould everywhere. We could not eat the breakfast and that day one of the party fell ill with stamch cramps and sickness. Then we all got this awful illness and have just recovered back home. I was the unfortunate person who had it last on the flight back.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

Sorry to hear but you only joined TA to say a hotel was bad. Maybe post a review on the TA hotelsection. How did you like Dubois surroundings?? This thread is one year old.

Tet

8. Re: Dubois, Wyoming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 14:23
Get answers to your questions about Dubois