We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Hole in December

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson Hole in December

We will be going to Jackson Hole in Mid December.

First of all, we do not ski...there, I said it!

With that being said, will there be enough things to do while we are there?

Should we stay in Teton Village or in town.

We love to snowmobile, dog sled etc. , but would also like to be close to action.

Can you suggest a place to stay?

I have researched Wyoming Inn, Teton Mountain Lodge. Most rates are really low for that time.

Also if anyone can suggest tours, I would greatly appreciate it.

Not wanting the most luxurious, but we stay away from budget deals.

Thanks!!

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson Hole in December

Just another note. I think I have narrowed it down to Snake River Lodge or Teton Mountain Lodge. Any thoughts?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson Hole in December

We stayed at the Teton Mountain Lodge and the Four Seasons last year. Liked both places for the comfort and the proximity to the ski lifts. The Village is really nice place to stay but if you don't ski there are a lot less to do there than Jackson. Plus it's a good 20 minutes drive (more if snowing) into town from the Village so you may want to put it into consideration.

I would highly recommend making a lunch/dinner reservation at the Amangani. The view from the terrace is incredible and food fantastic. (Would not recommend staying at the Amagani since it is truly in the middle of nowhere.)

ny
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson Hole in December

Hi. Looking to go to Jackson Hole in Dec 08. How was your trip back in 07? Any advice on where to stay. Want convenience and a nice place, celebrating 40th bday for my husband. Thanks!

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackson Hole in December

as long as you aren't going during Christmas week you should be able to get some good rates. i've been 3 times in december & have stayed somewhere different each time.

if you are looking for something romantic i'd go with either the inn on the creek, which is a small b&b type inn about 4 blocks from the square or maybe the wort, which is the nicest hotel in the square area. they run off season specials so maybe you can get a decent rate.

the last time we just stayed next door to the wort at the sundance inn. it's one block off the square so it's very convenient & also inexpensive. i think i paid $80 for a king room & the sundance is always very clean.

it's really hard to find a bad place to stay in downtown jackson. many like the newly renovated/completely rebuilt trapper inn. it's about 3 blocks north of the square. the wyoming suites at the wagon wheel village are nice & right on cache creek. there were tons of mule deer right outside our room when we stayed there.

ny
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackson Hole in December

Thanks for your help. Can we do this trip as a 4 day weekend from NY? Is there plenty to do besides skiing? Going with an 18 month old as well. Appreciate the help.

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackson Hole in December

one of my favorite things to do in jackson is to go snowmobiling. that might be difficult with an 18 month old though. you might consider taking a snowcoach ride into yellowstone. that's a great way of seeing the park in the winter when it's closed. also, there's the elk refuge which should be full at that time with thousands of elk. you can take a sleigh ride among them which is pretty neat too.

7. Re: Jackson Hole in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:16