We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Hole accommodation

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson Hole accommodation

I am going for the first time to Jackson Hole - having only skied before in Europe - however, I do not know where to stay - I think we want to stay in Jackson Hole but is that far from the lifts and slopes and should I stay closer.

Also, the second part of our journey is to Park City / Alta/Snowbird - we only have 3 days skiing in the Utah area - where should be go and where should we stay.

Any information would be of great help.

Thanks

alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson Hole accommodation

depends on where you want to ski in jackson. you have 3 options in the jackson area to ski. snow king is the resort in downtown jackson. it's probably a good place to learn but not where i'd recommend skiing. jackson hole mountain resort is about 7 miles away in teton village. there are several options of condos/lodges here at the resort, although many people stay in jackson because it's the off season for those hotels & you can stay very inexpensively. plus, staying on the square in jackson is great. here's a good link for you www.jacksonholenet.com but i'd suggest the sundance inn or any of the town square inns. inn on the creek is a very neat bed-n-breakfast.

i really like skiing across the teton pass at grand targhee. it's about 45 miles from jackson & there is a shuttle that runs to the resort.

once you get to salt lake city (i assume you are driving which is about 5 hours) you have several options to ski & stay. the salt lake area is my favorite ski destination because you have 7 resorts within 30 minutes of the airport & utah has the best snow of anywhere imo.

you have two areas of skiing in the salt lake area. park city is a great little town not unlike jackson. it's about 25 miles from slc & has many hotels, condos, lodges. there are 3 ski resorts & all world class. deer valley is my favorite (no snowboarders). park city mountain resort is also located in downtown park city & there is a lift that runs from the main street of downtown. the canyons is a few miles away but is the biggest resort. again, there are many lodging options at each one & all are great.

the other ski area is the cottonwood canyons area. alta & snowbird are in little cottonwood canyon. this is some of the best skiing in the world. same with brighton & solitude which are located in big cottonwood canyon. all but alta allow snowboarders.

if i were picking two resorts to ski it would be an alta/snowbird combo lift ticket & then go to the other side in park city & ski deer valley.

we have stayed at the resorts in the past but for the last several years we have stayed down in sandy, ut which is a suburb of slc. it's only about 20 minutes from either of the cottonwood canyon ski resorts. there is a big mall in this area & many eating options. i like the comfort suites in sandy, ut or the residence inn in sandy. here are some more links you might be interested in looking at.

jacksonholenet.com/webcams/town_square.php

www.alta.com

www.deervalley.com

http://www.parkcityinfo.com/

http://www.grandtarghee.com/

http://www.jacksonhole.com/

Jackson, WY
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson Hole accommodation

If you are going exclusively to ski, I would do what you can to stay out at Teton Village. Snake River Lodge and Spa and Teton Mountain Lodge are both beautiful places and I would look online for any deals that you might be able to get. Also, check out Rendezvous Mountain Reality and see if there are any condos available for the time you will be in Jackson...you can get some great deals. Jackson Hole is only about 20 minutes away, so if you need a place with some better rates, take a look at the Wagon Wheel, Antler Inn, or 49er.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson Hole accommodation

Thanks for your help

4. Re: Jackson Hole accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 15:16