We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recs Please

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recs Please

My husband and I are planning on visiting Yellowstone/Tetons in May.

Here's the itinenary that we've planned. I was hoping to get some help with hotel recs in Jackson as well as Yellowstone. Thanks

May 21 - Leave at 7:30a from NJ and at 10:30a arrive in Denver - rent car visit Rocky Mountain NP and at 8:00pm fly to Jackson Hole, arrive at 9:30pm

Thur-Sat May 22- May 24 Yellowstone

Sun May 25 Grand Teton

Mon - Leave Jacson Hol,arrive in Denver (2:42pm). Take flight home

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,604 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recs Please

It is probably too late to find lodging in the park but I would try and call the Xanterra number on the national park page. If you cannot get lodging in the park then stay in either West Yellowstone, MT. or Gardiner, Mt. The Holiday Inn and BW Desert Inn are ok in West Yellowstone and the Yellowstone Village Inn is good in Gardiner. For Jackson Hole we have stayed at the pricey Wyoming Inn and are staying this year at the Sundance Inn. Great restaurant in Jackson Hole is Gunbarrel. If you stay in West Yellowstone then eat breakfast at the Running Bear- it has the best pancakes you will ever eat!!! Good luck with your trip. We will be there the first week of June.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recs Please

cece - May I ask, what was your opinion of the Wyoming Inn when you stayed there? My wife and I were going to book Teton Mountain Lodge, but then noticed a lower rate at Wyoming Inn and wondered how nice it was. How are the accomodations/service? Are the rooms nice and updated or older? Does it have a pool? I appreciate any insights you can offer.

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recs Please

Thanks for the info. I'd also be interested to hear your experience with the Wyoming Inn.

I was able to get 3 nights at Lake Yellowstone for the time we're. It was the only hotel inside YNP that had any availability.

So now I just need a hotel in Jackson for the first and last night of our trip.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recs Please

bkam - We are in the same boat you are. We are staying at Lake Yellowstone for the first part of our trip in August also and are trying to find someplace to stay in Jeckson/Teton Village. Since we are staying in the park at yellowstone, we are trying to find something a little more upscale for Jackson, while still reasonably affordable.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,604 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recs Please

Wyoming Inn was great!! The rooms were very nice and the beds were the best that I've slept on in a hotel. The breakfast is cooked each morning by their own chef and delicious. The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. The price last year around Memorial day was about $125 per night but we are going the first week of June and prices jumped so decided to stay elsewhere because I need two rooms- college age son coming with us on our trip.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recs Please

cece - was there a pool at wyoming inn? If so, was it nice?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,604 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recs Please

No I don't think there was a pool at the Wyoming Inn. I know some of the rooms have hot tubs but the one we stayed in didn't.

Colorado
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recs Please

Driving to RMNP on your layover in Denver might be a bit ambitious. Even if you get out of the airport and get a car rented in an hour it is still probably a 2 hour drive up there. Depending on what you want to see it might take longer to get there.

Just thought I'd let you know. (now I'm off to check out some things for our trip in July)...we live in Denver and are driving to MT and want to make a stop in Yellowstone.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
16 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recs Please

It all depends on your budget. For great views, Spring Creek Ranch about 6 miles N of Jackson atop a butte overlooking the valley. Not cheap, though.

My in Jackson favorite is Quality Inn and Suites 49'er. The last time we were there, the Secret Service moved in to watch over the Vice President.

The Wort Hotel is the historical landmark. The Anvil and Wyoming Inn are also good.

Regardless if where you stay in town, the town itself is so small that you can almost walk anywhere.

For dinner, www.gunbarrel.com. For breakfast, Bubba's Barbecue. Hit the town square and sunset to watch the staged activities.

10. Re: Hotel Recs Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 06:31