We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sundance inn sold...

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Topic
sundance inn sold...

one of my favorite places in jackson has been sold. the sundance inn brought $5 million which is no surprise considering it's location. however, with that big price comes the reality that the new owners (whoever they are) will not keep this quaint little motel the same. i wonder how long it will be before it will be bulldozed & some new property that will charge 3 times as much for a room will be built. first, it was the trapper inn. then wagon wheel village....now, the sundance inn can't be far behind. i'm all for free enterprise but it's a little sad to see some of these places that have been staples of downtown jackson be replaced by newer, much more expensive options. rant over.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sundance inn sold...

I hear you Ptguard....

And don't think that you're alone in your rant. From the old folk song, "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot." Or The Eagles song, "The Last Resort." It's happening everywhere and it is very sad to see. The problem is, to use another line from American pop culture.. "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!" I see many places in my travels that I wish I could afford to buy up and just sit on, so that my kids and grandkids will be able to enjoy them as I have. Here on the southwest coast of Florida where I live, we're about one cement truck away for sliding into the Gulf of Mexico, but they just keep coming. How long do you think it will be before the developers find a way to start chipping away at the laws and begin building condos or some lame theme parks inside Yellowstone???

2. Re: sundance inn sold...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 14:17