We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

K Mart in Jackson Question

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
K Mart in Jackson Question

Does the K Mart in Jackson have groceries? We will only be picking up a few items like cereal, snack items, bottled water, soft drinks, paper towels, etc. I am thinking K Mart might be more economical than Albertsons. Would that be a correct assumption?

Any other information you can think that would also be helpful would be appreciated.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

Kmart has the stuff you listed, but there's a Smith's (Kroger) just down the street that often is better-priced than Albertson's.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,794 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

I'm sure Kmart will be just fine. I do prefer buying stuff at a grocery store, we have had bad luck with grocery items being out of date at Kmart!

Enjoy your trip.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

No groceries per se. But they have EVERYTHING you mention in your post: snacks, bottled water, soft drinks, dry cereals, paper towels etc.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

If you go to Albertson's, get there little card. I forget what they call it. We saved $40 on in store specials last June and a similar amount the year before.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

K-Mart does have snacks and stuff like that but not a full grocery. I definitely recommend driving another mile or so to the Smith's grocery store. That place is fantastic! There is a full deli, a sushi counter, a coffee bar, a pharmacy, a bank, a photo lab and lots of travel sized products in case you forget anything!! If you already shop at Kroger and have one of their little cards, you can use it at Smith's too.

Also, if you spend a certain amount of money on groceries, you get a couple of cents off each gallon of gas purchased at the station there in the parking lot of the gas station. We were in Jackson for a month, so we easily spent enough at the grocery store to qualify for the gas discounts. It was nice to fill up for 10 or 15 cents less per gallon than the regular price!

6. Re: K Mart in Jackson Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 09:36