We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question for jackson locals...

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Topic
question for jackson locals...

i have been to jackson probably 10 times over the last 6-7 years but it was always during a popular time (mid summer or ski season). my wife & i found some great airfares & hotel bargains for november & decided to take a quick trip on 11/19 for 4 nights. i know this is prior to ski season & i'm thinking there won't be a lot of snowmobile options either. do any of you locals have any suggestions as to what we might try that time of year?

if the weather is good we'll probably do some hiking as long as the trails are ok. i'm also hoping the elk are in the refuge by that weekend. we're mainly just going to have a relaxing time in our favorite place so if all we do is loaf that's ok too.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question for jackson locals...

You are right that the ski areas won't be open by that time but that doesn't mean there won't be any skiing. There will almost certainly be snow at higher elevations. But if you are not a backcountry skier that probably doesn't help you.

There should be elk on the refuge by that time but sleigh rides don't start until later in December. You can still drive out Antelope Flat road and see all the animals.

The Teton Park Road from Taggart Lake Trailhead to Signal Mountain is closed to motorized vehicles from November 1st through April 30th. However, you are free to walk on the road, which is a pretty neat experience.

You can drive up to the Taggart Lake Trailhead, park the car, and then go for walk on the park road. The Bradley Lake and Taggart trails that depart from the parking lot are nice as well.

You could check out a show at the Center for the Arts: www.jhcenterforthearts.org/index.cfm…

The National Museum of Wildlife Art is a good bet on a bad weather day. They have a great lunch cafe. www.wildlifeart.org

November can be a pretty quiet time of year in Jackson and weather variables make it tough to plan.

2. Re: question for jackson locals...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:18