We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

Hi,

We are planning a 4 day trip for after Labor day to Jackson.

Plan is to visit Yellowstone 1 day, Grand Teton another day , easy rafting/bike riding and maybe some relaxation / spa on the other 2 days. Golf would be nice.

Considering Spring Creek Ranch or Snake River Ranch, is one location better than the other?

Thanks for the help

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

"Considering Spring Creek Ranch or Snake River Ranch, is one location better than the other?"

Spring Creek Ranch is a resort (and not really a ranch) at the top of the east butte, about 15 minutes from Jackson. Real nice views at the top of the butte, which is about 1,000' above the valley floor.

The Snake River Ranch is one of the largest cattle ranches in Jackson Hole and lies on the west side of the Snake River, not far from the big ski resort at Teton Village. It would be about a 20-25 ride into Jackson. But the SRR isn't a guest ranch as far as I know.

Edited: 02 June 2011, 00:36
san diego
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

Thanks TetonBill, A resort would be up fine fby us. I guess I meant to Snake River Lodge and Spa, ( not Ranch). Sounds like Spring Creek Ranch may be a better option, closer to JH for dinning out etc.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

OK, that make more sense.

The Snake River Lodge is in Teton Village. But you're correct that SCR is a bit closer to town. imo, I like the location more on top of the butte. They also have their own corrals up there if you want to go horseback riding, as well as a good restaurant. They have a singer/jazz band in the bar Friday and Sat nights as well.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

I've stayed at both - here are my thoughts pros/cons -

My only problem w/Spring Creek Ranch is if there is bad weather, its worse up there ....very very gusty and cold. Spa is ok, but in a basement - not very spa like. Driving, although closer, can be slow b/c its down a steep windey butte. But Martini / jazz Friday nights are awesome and in my opinion, the this is the best restaurant around. I also like their cabins vs rooms. The view cannot be beat.

Snake River Lodge is my favorite Spa. Real Spa Feel, several levels, indoor/outdoor pool. Food is good, not the best. Rooms are outdated but not bad. you'll have more opportunity to walk around in TV and there is some public transportation at your means. However, its only a 15 min drive to Jackson.

Your best place for golf will be Teton Pines or Golf and Tennis in Jackson. Don't discount Teton Valley over the pass with Teton Springs Lodge and Spa, The Reserve and Huntsmans Springs.

san diego
Level Contributor
37 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

Thanks, very helpful. Been studying the map. So the closet town to the T Valley is Jackson / Jackson Hole. It seems Teton Village is nearer to town and less isolated in that there are other hotels, dinning in the area. However the Teton Village Lodge and Spa does look very nice.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

Well, not sure if my comments confused you. Teton Valley is over the pass, and has three towns in the valley itself. Victor, Driggs, and Tetonia. That is where I was referencing some golfing opportunties.

When I said TV I meant Teton Village. Teton Village is near Jackson and Wilson, bot of which have restaurants etc.

Teton Lodge and Spa and Snake River Lodge are comparable IMO.

7. Re: Jackson , Teton Village in the fall, where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:16