We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

I am most disappointed with Jackson Hole Central Reservations (JHCR). I booked and cancelled a reservation that I had made through Jackson Hole Reservation on the same day (yesterday) and they charged me a $25 cancellation fee. I called back today and asked if they would credit me the $25 if I extended my stay in Jackson Hole and booked through them at a new place. They were very adamant that the $25 cancellation fee stands. I am spending almost $10,000 to go Wyoming for two weeks this summer and this $25 fee is just a irritant and unpleasant. I hope this is not a harbinger of what I can expect during my vacation. Also I found that I can a much better price if I use the travel websites (Travelocity, Expedia, ets) that Trip Advisor provides and those sites don’t charge a cancellation fee. There is no reason to use JHCR

Delaware
Level Contributor
156 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Wow! That is bad business. I recently made reservations through this service. Hope I don't have to cancel. Thank you for the warning. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Curious, I Googled and there seem to be several such organizations. Checked three, found nothing about policies, much less cancellation policies, on the home pages. They might be found if you dig deeper, but that is inappropriate. Policies should be "up front".

Perhaps locals know more.

Not good business practice.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 14:43
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,398 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Go to their website, select a property, then go to the "View Property Details" link. You'll notice a row of grey tabs with headings such as Overview, Map etc etc. The last tab of every listing is their individual Policies.

I looked through about half dozen and they state their cancellation policies with little ambiguity.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Here's is the website KVE and the OP are apparently referring to:

http://www.jacksonholewy.com/

KVE is correct, the grey tabs are there for each property Very subtle, but there.

To be fair, it's a website design problem, not a lodging disclosure problem, because a lot of key information re: the lodgings, including their policies, are in very light grey tabs and difficult to read.

Edited: 19 February 2013, 02:48
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,398 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

"To be fair, it's a website design problem, not a lodging disclosure problem, because a lot of key information re: the lodgings, including their policies, are in very light grey tabs and difficult to read"

I couldn't agree more, it is very subtle indeed, and that's being generous. I can see exactly how it would appear to almost be "hidden".

Jackson, Wyoming
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

We have contacted Sue G directly and have refunded the cancellation fee. While our policies are listed on our website, this has made us realize our site may need a little reworking to make these policies more transparent. Thank you for the feedback and we hope everyone is able to come visit Jackson Hole!

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
88 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

Yes it's true. Hillary Murphy from Jackson Hole Central Reservations contacted me earlier this week and apologized for the way things were handled. She said that if i had asked for a supervisor, i would not have been charged. I was very impressed with how she dealt me. I'm also very happy that they cared enough to reach out to me.

I'm looking forward to going to Yellowstone again.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,588 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

good to know they did make it right, and I do hope they update their website and make it clear. thanks for keeping us updated.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jackson Hole Central Reservation- don't do it

When do I get paid??? :)

Seriously, good on you folks at JHCR!

Edited: 21 February 2013, 23:27
Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
88 posts