We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Lynchburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Where is the best location to rent a car near Jackson Hole, WY? I saw an old post about Thrifty car rental not being great, but I am hoping to find some more recent information. Thanks!

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Enterprise rental in airport, the best value and service, few steps away of airport front doors and baggage claim (May 2014), there is no need for shuttle - save your time. Though you need to catch sale on line (usually lasts a few days) for the best price and Enterprise in airport beats Dollar in town.

PA
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

We rented from Dollar in town in June last year and it was a better deal than any place at the airport. Shuttle was waiting for us at the door at airport & we had a good experience with staff, the car & service.

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

We are renting from Dollar for our trip in Sept. We have an early flight home, 7 am. What time do the shuttles to the airport start from Dollar?

14. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 01:35
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Comparison Dollar (in town) vs. Enterprise (in airport) - one week May 16-23 2014, compact car.

Dollar: reserved in December (on dollar website):

Base Rate: $158.00 (1 Week)

Charges:

Apt Conc Recov Fee: $11.45

Energy Recovery Fee: $5.60

State Transact Srg: $6.54

State Tax: $9.82

Estimated Grand Total: $191.41

-------------

Enterprise: reserved in May (on enterprise web site) - that was a good deal just for a couple of days:

138.76 USD (1 Week @ 138.76)

Charges:

0.00 USD (Drop Charge)

28.00 USD (CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE 4.00/DAY)

15.42 USD (CONCESSION RECOUP FEE 11.11 PCT)

6.17 USD (WY RENTAL SURCHARGE 4 PCT)

10.93 USD (SALES TAX)

Total Charges 199.28 USD

-------

Price is about the same, but Dollar is not good if:

1) On a plane arrival you go to Yellowstone/Grand Teton right away. With Dollar you lose around 1 hour, because Dollar/Jackson town is in opposite direction (20 min. drive one way, plus down town road construction, detour, etc...)

2) Shuttle is not big enough to accommodate all people in your party and luggage for one run... It's on arrival and departure. And count other customers using the same shuttle.

3) On departure - you stay overnight and return your car in Jackson town, then you have early flight (I had at 7AM, so at 6AM everybody should be in airport). Very early wake up to catch a shuttle. Multiply this inconvenience by a number of people in your party.

What kind of a deal/difference can compensate that inconvenience? $30/$50 or $100. My opinion: even $60 less for renting in town vs airport doesn't make a deal, so it should be at least a hundred bucks for party of 3+, though I haven't seen such a generous difference in Dollar pricing vs airport rental...

I was absolutely happy with Enterprise in airport - saved my time and nerves, plus great guys working in Enterprise airport location (thanks!), unfortunately I don't remember their names.

Also Alamo and Avis are in airport as well, but they were more expensive.

Good luck!

Edited: 07 July 2014, 23:07
New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Booked a mid size minivan in mid June. When I was picking up my van, I heard the gentleman next to me getting a Toyota Sienna. So I asked if I could get the same instead of a Dodge Caravan. I was then presented a rundown of $50 more with the AAA membership to get the Sienna even though they are the same class. At that time I did not want to argue since the whole family was tired after 10 hours of traveling.

However, when I dropped off my car, all I saw was Toyota Sienna in the parking lot not even one single Dodge Caravan. So I asked the shuttle bus driver and the guy who was inspecting my drop-off. They both claimed that Sienna is the only minivan that they carried. So I went to the office and talked to the girl at the counter, her name was Maryann. I have never experienced such a rude person. She didn't seem to be interested in listening to my story since I already got charged for it. What she wanted to do was to give me a receipt and send me away. So I asked for the manager, a woman came out from the room, her name was Petti Riley and again not interested in doing anything. The only thing she said was talk to the guy who rented me the van.

This was not the first time that I rented a minivan from Dollar. I was never charged extra in San Francisco last year for a Toyota Sienna but why this time was different.

So please stay away from this business, they do not have honest business practice. Spend your money somewhere that people appreciate your business. The money you save at this location does not justify the disrespect and headache from them.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

Just rented a car in June. Although my Priceline itinerary and receipts said my car return location was at the "Jackson Hole Airport (JAC)In-Terminal, Walk to car", in fact the Alamo return location is in the town of Jackson, a 20-minute drive from JAC. This would be fine for travelers staying in Jackson, but we were driving down very early from Grand Teton, plus we had to allow 45 minutes to take the Alamo shuttle back up to the airport. It is lucky that I discovered this (we had rented our car in Billings, so we hadn't seen the Alamo in Jackson yet) and added the extra 1+ hr to my already very early morning drive. If I had known in advance, I would have planned to spend the last night of our trip in the town of Jackson, near the Alamo location--or would have rented from one of the agencies that is actually at the Jackson Hole airport.

18. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 17:38
19. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental

20. Re: Jackson Hole, WY car rental