We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
736 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

My husband and I are planning a trip in early December for 4-6 nights. We aren't skiiers but do want to do some other ourdoor activities. We enjoy good food and service. Which hotel would you choose?

Thanks

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

I'd go with the 4 Seasons, due to proximity to the slopes and its great service.

Lebanon, New...
Level Contributor
269 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

I'd agree. You can't beat the Four Seasons' location when it comes to skiing, and their ski valet service makes everything so easy. The rooms are amazing and of course you get Four Seasons level service. There are two restaurants on site: one fine dining and one more casual. The only complaint people seem to have is how big the place is. Don't get me wrong, though, The Rusty Parrot is very nice. Cozy, charming, good in-town location, great restaurant and service. I just think the convenience of being on-mountain is a big factor in the winter when you're schlepping equipment around.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
736 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

We don't ski. Does that change anything?

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

If you don't downhill or x-country, then you'll find more to do by staying in Jackson at the Rusty Parrot, which is walking distance to the center of town.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

I thought about responding to the non ski question; however, I still feel like staying at the village would be fun for you - especially early winter. That is why I didn't answer.

As a person that routinely skis down the route in front of the Four Seasons (it is the beginning of the beginner slope or entry into the mid level runs at AV), it is fun for us (w/a then 4 yo) to watch all the people watching our son, enjoying the outdoor bars/vodka ice bar/fire pits etc. Most don't have their ski gear on so I don't feel you would feel out of place. You can still get after it and be in a more active place in the pm.

If you want a romantic non busy place that time of year, then yes - Rusty Parrot. But I think there is a lot more going on at TV that time of year. You can walk everywhere to dinner/drinks and have tons of options within walking distance.

Frankly, both places will not be busy that early in the season. LMK your thoughts.

Edited: 03 August 2013, 03:29
6. Re: Four Seasons or Rusty Parrot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18