We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellowstone trip in June 2014

Monterey Park...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Yellowstone trip in June 2014

Hello,

We are finally planning a summer time in YNP and GTNP, never been to these 2 parks, We love outdoor activities, sightseeing…. We'll be flying in to SLC June 1 to fly out June 13 or 14.

plan are: hiking, Horse riding, a Lama tour, etc.

I would appreciate any advise , which tour company to choose , any other activities ,

Family of 4, husband and 2 sons (14 & 17 yrs old) any activities best fit them.

the plan for now is to rent a car and stay a night in SLC and drive to YNP next day.

-stay 3-4 days in YNP

-stay 3 days in GTNP,

Drive back to SLC to catch fly back to Los Angeles.

So excited for this trip! Please let me know any suggestions on where to stay in SLC, YNP & GTNP at reasonable rates.

Thank you.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,638 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yellowstone trip in June 2014

I would also suggest the last 2 nights in Jackson, unless you decide to fly in and out of Bozeman, then I would put the Grand Teton days in the middle of your stay with Yellowstone stays at the beginning and end to be closer to the airport. You are very unlikely to have to worry about heat in June. Bring a jacket.

Only you can decide where you want to fly in to. You have to compare the cost of tickets and car rental with the convenience of only being 1.5 hours from Yellowstone instead of having a 5 or 6 hour drive.

You could do the thermal areas around OF on your first day in the park, Day 2 finish the thermal areas, the Lake, Fishing Bridge, East entrance road hikes, Day 3 the Canyon area down to Fishing Bridge including Hayden Valley and Mud Volcano, Day 4 do the upper loop starting with Norris Geyser basin, then Mammoth and ending with a drive out into Lamar. Day 5 before you head down to Jackson, do a quick run out into Lamar in the AM, then head south picking up Tower Fall and then out the South entrance.

Pam

12. Re: Yellowstone trip in June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:15