We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

London, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

We're visiting GTNP and Yellowstone in May and will be staying in Jackson (Ranch Inn) for 1 night before making our way to Old faithful snow lodge to visit YNP.

If you had just one night in Jackson, what would you do to entertain yourself?

We like good food and drinks with an atmosphere/ entertainment. Checked out the Jackson Hole Rodeo but sadly it seems like there are no events on the day.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

What Day of the week will this be on? You'll have more opportunity for entertainment during the weekends, but there are still things going on during the week during the summer, although still a little slow in May (unless it is Elk Fest). Your best bet is to check out the FREE section of Jackson Hole's Wednesday Weekly paper called "Stepping Out". It will detail all of the events going on for that week. This far in advance, its difficult to tell.

However, I would probably suggest the Cowboy Bar and Steakhouse.

http://www.milliondollarcowboybar.com/

http://cowboysteakhouse.net/

Edited: 10 April 2014, 18:09
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

My idea of fun in Jackson is to stroll around the town square's little shops and big ones to see what bargain souvenirs I can buy. While the hotels are outrageously priced, you can find some nice jackets, hats, T-shirts, and all of the other tourist souvenir stuff for a moderate price. Also stay and watch the shoot-out in the Jackson town square. I think it takes place at 6:00. (Doublecheck on the time.) The shoot-out is a lot of fun to watch.

Clermont, Florida...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

BlueBirdDay, what about the Mangy Moose? I will be there in Hotel Terra for one night on 6/28. Will arrive that morning - any good ideas for how to spend the DAY in Jackson? Tram, jumping rock at phelps? HELP

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
498 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

oh, no , don't eat at the Mangy Moose..horrible..

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

But, it is a fun place to have a drink

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
960 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

The Mangy Moose has some of the best beef prime rib you'll ever have and is very highly regarded in this valley, but IT'S IN TETON VILLAGE, NOT JACKSON. You are about the first person I've ever seen complain about the food. What was the issue and when was it? They also have some new hispanic cooks that are cooking some REALLY awesome NEW stuff.

I would go to Silver Dollar Bar in Wort Hotel, but then again I go there all the time. I's just a block from where you are staying. I love the food, both bar and grille menu served in bar. Blue Lion has a rack of lamb I've never known anyone to say they've ever had better ANYWHERE. Snake River Grille is revered as is Gunbarrel Steak and Game House. Lots of folks love Trio. Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse almost always regarded as best steak in town. Not a fan of MD Cowboy Bar but some folks love it. The Tavern is frequented by more locals but not a fan of the food there and a couple of years ago rated as best place to get in a fight. Some folks love the local.

I would check Center for the Arts and other places for anything that might be going on night you are there. Lots love the Brew Pub but I really don't like their food, they cannot cook a burger to order, must be well done. That's a really bad barometer for me. Thai Me Up Restaurant and Brewery is right out RanchInn door, beers have won several awards.

You might want to take the Start Bus to teton Village and take the Gondola up to Couloir Restaurant.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
498 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

we go over all the time, and the worst food i have had has been at the mangy moose..you know, sometimes that happens. We love the Rendevous Bistro, never having even the slightest hint of anything poor..and love the Calico, as the house is right near there.

oh, and we eat in the bar at the Calico..

8. Re: How would you spend your One night in Jackson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:15