We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 1 night in Jackson/GTNP area? June 2014

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J C
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay for 1 night in Jackson/GTNP area? June 2014

So I'm spending a couple days in YNP and then heading to Park City for a work meeting in June. I will head from Yellowstone on a Thurs afternoon through south entrance and into GTNP towards Jackson. My gf and I are 30 yrs old and want to spend the night somewhere fun, nice with dining options and younger feel but also great views to wake up to Friday morning. It being summer where should I stay? My concern is ski resorts would be dead but town of Jackson not as scenic. Thanks in advance for help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for 1 night in Jackson/GTNP area? June 2014

Look at Jackson Lake Lodge for views. For dining, nightlife then Jackson.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,331 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for 1 night in Jackson/GTNP area? June 2014

Hi,

Revisit your post in WY

tripadvisor.com/…

Most of that gets noticed by everyone so that should help.

Given your short time period, you'll need to decide if you want to stay in the town of Jackson (more options for nightlife/shopping) or GTNP. As Caza suggested, Jackson Lake Lodge might be a good alternative. At Jackson Lake Lodge, you are more immerged in the park experience and there are two great restaurants and bar. It will be a bit more expensive, but a great middle ground to experience the park, and also offer some social interaction at the end of the day. You're alternative would be Signal Mountain Lodge.

If you want to really experience GTNP, then stay in GTNP. If you are looking for a fun weekend getaway with a sidebar to GTNP, then you'll probably want to look at lodging within The Town of Jackson.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 02:52
3. Re: Where to stay for 1 night in Jackson/GTNP area? June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 07:15