We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll Road?

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Toll Road?

Hi. We leave Friday! So excited!

I am google mapping a bunch of stuff we are planning on doing so we have a clue as to where we are going :)

I mapped out the timeshare (Jackson Hole Racquet Club but may be called Condoshare now - not sure on that) to Signal Mountain to Oxbow Bend to Jackson Lake Lodge to Colter Bay Visitor Center to Huckleberry Hot Springs. Probably won't make it the whole way but we like to have a target :)

Google Maps says there's a toll road in there somewhere. Where is it? How much is it so I can be prepared? Thanks!

Marcellus, New York
Level Contributor
929 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toll Road?

Is it really that it is a toll road, or is it the fact that you'll have entered a national park and would therefore need to pay a fee for that (assuming you don't have a pass)?

West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toll Road?

I don't know. I was thinking it was due to entering the park but wanted to be sure Google maps just says 'this route has tolls'. No further explanation or specifics as to where the 'toll' is.

3. Re: Toll Road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 14:32
West Palm Beach Fl
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toll Road?

It does! It's between Signal Mountain and Oxbow Bend Turn. Is this where I'd officially ener the park?

Marcellus, New York
Level Contributor
929 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toll Road?

I'm pretty sure it's the park - I just ran West Yellowstone to Silver Gate and it shows as a toll road somewhere along the way. Clearly there isn't, but there *is* the entrance fee for the park.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,978 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toll Road?

No toll roads on that route. Actually, there are no toll roads in Wyoming.

Huckleberry hot springs is closed.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toll Road?

I think "toll roads" are the generic statement there just telling you if you enter a NP park, as others have said - there is a fee. If you want to enter GTNP, you will have to pay an entry fee if you don't already have a $80 National Park Pass (or if you are coming in from Yellowstone where you already purchased your pass). Otherwise, you will need to pay a $25 park fee.

You officially enter the park at one of three places:

1. N of Teton Village at Moose-Wilson Road

2. N of Jackson at Moose

3. Further N of Jackson in Moran.

You can see where all of those are by referencing the park map or something similar.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 01:30
Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
870 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Toll Road?

Huckleberry was dismantled long ago. I hear the Park Service has this year begun to ticket folks using the remnants. Too bad.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toll Road?

>Huckleberry was dismantled long ago. I hear the Park Service has this year begun to ticket folks using the remnants. Too bad.

Absarokanaut, just out of curiosity, how can you "dismantle" a natural hot springs that was not man made? That seems very unlike something the park service would do. The park service is simply prohibiting entry now. Are you talking about the campground being dismantled that used to exist there?

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
870 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Toll Road?

Years ago Huckleberry was a developed hot spring, you can see some of the old concrete plumbing artifacts in some places.