We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds??

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
546 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds??

My hubby and I loved traveling with our kids when they were little. Now they are married and gone - yea!! We are loving empty nesting!! Anyway, I digress - sorry

We are planning on visiting this area for the first time - road trip from Texas! Arriving around August 20 and staying a week or more. We aren't big on crowds and we are hoping that the kids are back in school and we should be fine. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds??

August is still pretty busy with tourists, and there are crowds.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
546 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds??

Dang, I was afraid that you might say that! We just want to find someplace nice to stay, hike a little, maybe a rafting trip. We will be so sick of the heat in Texas by then, we are hoping for cooler temps there. Thanks

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,786 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds??

Well, you can stay in a lodge in GTNP, outside of Jackson. Temps will be pretty cool by late August.

Sound tempting?

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
546 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds??

Very! Thanks Bill

Ashton, Idaho
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowds??

Maybe consider staying in Teton Village. It is just a few minutes outside of Jackson (by car) and there are a number of nice hotels and condos available there. You can hike and access the Teton National Park from there quite easily. And yes, it will still be busy until Labor Day, but normally the latter part of August is slightly better as most kids in the region are heading back to school.

6. Re: Crowds??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16