We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Wildlife Tours

Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Wildlife Tours

Looking at wildlife tours in Teton National Park NOT Yellowstone for December. There are several companies listed in Jackson that do these tours. Need to know which one is best for seeing wildlife and photography. Gray line Tours and Wildlife Safaris are the 2 that seem to fit what we are looking for and are the ones most mentioned. Are there any others that would be better? Which of these 2 would be best? We are 2 older adults looking to do this type of tour without breaking the bank. They offer half day or full day tours. Which should we consider to see the most wildlife and NP area?

TIA

Suzanne

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Wildlife Tours

There are several companies that offer winter tours in Jackson Hole and in Grand Teton if they have a park permit. I'd suggest that you look for reviews on TripAdvisor.

As between Grey Line (which locally is called AllTrans) and Wildlife Safaris, my impression is that AllTrans is more of a bus company, while Wildlife Safaris specializes in wildlife tours (I see their vans a lot when driving in the valley here).

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Wildlife Tours

Brushbuck Guide Services is my preferred go to. They have a good track record. Don't forget you can visit reviews on TA for Wildlife Guides for comparison.

Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Wildlife Tours

Thank you for your help.

Suzanne

Florida
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Wildlife Tours

Thank you for your response. That's what I needed to know about Gray Line Tours.

Suzanne

5. Re: Winter Wildlife Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16