We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
415 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

We will be in Jackson with our dog in tow. If anyone has any suggestions for an economical motel that accepts pets, I'd appreciate it.

it's always nice to stay at a place where there are nearby places to walk her.

Thanks!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

Since I've been doing research for a trip of my own, I came across some pet friendly lodging suggestions for Jackson: 49'er Inn (Quality Inn), Antler Inn, Elk Country Inn (all 3 are loc'd on W. Pearl St.); Painted Buffalo Inn and Jackson Hole Lodge (both require a pet fee and are loc'd on W. Broadway). The best place sounds like Cowboy Village Resort where you get a separate little cabin with kitchenette and they're loc'd on S. Flat Creek Dr.--still only about 4 blks. from the ctr. of things.

Oregon
Level Contributor
415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

Thanks Forest...I appreciate the quick reply!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

Don't forget the Alpenhof Lodge in Teton Village. They have dogs of their own!

Oregon
Level Contributor
415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

I thought I would report back--we stayed at the Cowboy Village Resort and really enjoyed it.

From a traveling-with-the-dog perspective, it was perfect. There is lots of green grass for doggie romping; there are doggie clean-up bag dispensers mounted on posts throughout the site. It couldn't have been better.

From a human perspective, we were equally happy. The units are comfy with an "old west" log cabin flavor. We decided on a unit with a separate bedroom. It came equipped with a wee kitchen (fridge, 2 burners, microwave, utensils, plates, skillet), a small table with two chairs; a sofa, tv....very comfy.

Thumbs up from this traveler (and our dog, too!).

5. Re: Motel that will accept a dog...suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 11:17