We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Fl
1 post
Save Topic
Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Trying to decide where to stay. Thanks

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Either one is ok. Togwotee is one heck of a drive at night. Hatchet is a nicer area personally speaking. Togwotee is a little remote. I'd personally pick Hatchet.

Powhatan, Virginia
Level Contributor
421 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Back in 1996, we stayed in Togwotee (then the Cowboy Village Resort in Togwotee). I agree, quite a drive at night. Their brochure said 17 miles from GTNP, but seemed much longer. I recommend their cabins over the lodge rooms. More privacy and quieter. I'm not familiar with Hatchett except that it is closer than Togwotee. Although the ride was long, it is a beautiful area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Stayed at Togwotee last summer; ate at Hatchet. Stay at Hatchet--it's much, much closer, and Togwotee was very disappointing.

Paris
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

Stay at Togwotee, it's much nicer. But Hatchet is a lot closer to Jackson. It's on the floor of the valley of Jackson Hole and Togwotee is at the top of the pass at least half an hour further east.

Michigan
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

If you are snowmobiling, stay at Togwotee in a cabin. We have been there twice. It's fantastic. We've never been there except to ride, so I can't comment on a warm weather trip. Have fun wherever you go!

6. Re: Togwotee Mountain Lodge or Hatchet Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 11:18