We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheridan or Buffalo

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sheridan or Buffalo

Looking for a town to overnight for one, maybe two, nights while touring the area by motorcycle. Suggestions? Why?

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheridan or Buffalo

I think I would opt for Sheridan. More lodging choices and more central to places to see. US-14 over Bighorns and the Alt-14 option would make good day rides although the west side of Alt-14 is very steep and curvey. Except for being gravel the road up to the Medicine Wheel, off of Alt-14, would be interesting. Also from Sheridan the Little Bighorn Battlefield monuments areas are doable as a day trip. Some of the small towns along US-14 like Ranchester and Dayton are scenic too. But watch speed in Dayton as there is a speed trap there - look for unmarked blue pickup truck on side of street coming in to town running radar. My detector paid for itself again when it started going nuts well in advance.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheridan or Buffalo

Thanks for your suggestions and tip!

3. Re: Sheridan or Buffalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Sheridan
More Sheridan Topics