We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Near Sheridan

Which Sheridan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Near Sheridan

Hi there-

I will be traveling through Wyoming on my way to Glacier NP and thinking that Sheridan would be good stopping place to camp for the night. Are there any campgrounds near the highway? It would be cool to stay in Bighorn National Forest but I don't want to waste a lot of time getting off the main roads.

Thanks!

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Near Sheridan

You don't say what kind of camping - RV, 5th wheel, tent? Do you want commercial, like a KOA or do you want a forest service campground? Need hookups? No services needed? How far from the highway can you go? More info please.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Near Sheridan

Tent camping. Would prefer a forest service campground but wouldn't want to too far off track (no more than 30 mins or so). Thanks!

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Near Sheridan

You can google forest service campgrounds+sheridan wyoming for options.

This is one website (there are others) that will give you an idea of where there are forest service campgrounds in relation to Sheridan:

camping-usa.com/campgrounds/wyoming/sheridan/

Deb

Edited: 23 April 2014, 12:36
4. Re: Camping Near Sheridan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Sheridan
More Sheridan Topics