We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Which Teton Village hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay??

We will be going to Jackson Hole in Mid December.

First of all, we do not ski...there, I said it!

With that being said, will there be enough things to do while we are there?

Should we stay in Teton Village or in town.

We love to snowmobile, dog sled etc. , but would also like to be close to action.

Can you suggest a place to stay?

I have researched Wyoming Inn, Teton Mountain Lodge. Most rates are really low for that time.

Also if anyone can suggest tours, I would greatly appreciate it.

Not wanting the most luxurious, but we stay away from budget deals.

Thanks!!

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

Just another note. I think I have narrowed it down to Snake River Lodge or Teton Mountain Lodge. Any thoughts?

CT
Level Contributor
449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

although you don't ski, if you check out jacksonhole.com and click on winter activities, you will find links to all sorts of things to do.

Personally, I wouldn't stay at the ski mountain if I weren't skiing. I would want to stay somewhere that had great views, which means being more in the valley itself, I think. You would then not be in walking distance of "the action," but a short drive away. But, that's me.

this year, I am actually staying in two places, a few days myself at the Wildflower Inn (never been there before) so that I can have a few days in a log cabin surrounded by beautiful scenery, and then a week at the Alpenhof when the rest of my family arrives, where we will principally be focused on downhill skiing. We really liked the Alpenhof; it has a very cozy, alpine feel to it.

Teton Village has the "action" in the sense of apres-ski, particularly at the Mangy Moose, but Jackson itself has more restaurants and shopping and the feel of a western town.

Have you ever tried snowshoeing? It's like walking / hiking; a great way to exercise and to explore.

I think you will find plenty to keep you busy, in addition to what you mentioned, there are wildlife tours,hot springs, sleigh ride through the Elk Refuge, etc.

Have you ever seen Old Faithful? I think you can take a snow coach trip in one day; or if it's too far for a day trip, you can spend the night at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. (I"m staying there, too, for a night!). Check out travelyellowstone.com

CT
Level Contributor
449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??

well, I just checked out photos of the two hotels you mentioned on TA, and from the pictures, I have to say they do look really nice!!

4. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:18