We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teton Village/Jackson with small children

Scarsdale, NY
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Teton Village/Jackson with small children

My husband and I have 3 small children ages 6,3, anf 1. We are thinking of staying at the Teton mountain lodge for 5-6 days in August. Do you recommend us going there with small children, or should be wait til the younger one is older? We were hoping to see Yellowstone during our stay.

Thanks! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teton Village/Jackson with small children

With re: YNP, it's a long drive to the park, a longer drive to the major points of interest. I'd suggest that you plan on a very long day to see even a part of YNP, it's that large. I'm not sure I'd do that with the two youngest, as they won't enjoy what YNP offers. IMO. Perhaps another trip when the kids are older and more appreciative, and less a burden on you for their maintenance?

Which means to me, pick your lodge, relax, enjoy the fantastic beauty of GTNP. See some wildlife, take a boat ride, walk a few easy trails, see Jackson...

Scarsdale, NY
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Teton Village/Jackson with small children

Hello,

Thank you so much for your advice. You confirmed what we were sorta thinking inside. So, we will most likely do this trip another year when the kids are a bit older. Since we will be travelling from NY, we would like to get as much out of our trip as possible. Thanks again!

donna

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teton Village/Jackson with small children

I think you are smart to wait until they are much older. We are taking our 8th grade son this June and I know he will have a lasting memory of this Nat'l Park plus it will relate to a lot of what he has already learned in his science classes in school. Two years ago we enjoyed Sedona and the Grand Canyon and that was another awesome trip. I think it is so important that children (and adults) see our Nat'l Parks but since you may only visit it once or twice in a lifetime, make sure your children remember the trip and are past the "high maintenance" years!

4. Re: Teton Village/Jackson with small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 05:16