We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

I have a reservation at the Four Seasons Teton Village (standard room) for three nights 5-29 thru 6-1, taking advantage of their special "third night free" rate. But I'm having second thoughts about staying in Teton Village vs. Jackson. We prefer scenery to being in town, but I'm wondering what it will be like this time of year in Teton Village. Our plan is to spend days touring the Grand Teton park. If anyone is familiar with the area and especially the Four Seasons experience, please reply. Thanks in advance.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

"wondering what it will be like this time of year in Teton Village"

The Village stays open during the summer, so there will be bars and restaurants and some shopping available there, as well as hiking and biking. And since it's a ski village, the mountains are right out the back door of the hotel. The 4 Seasons is a beautiful hotel with a western decor interior. Nice bar and good (but very expensive) restaurant. It's about a 15 minute drive into Jackson.

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

Thanks for prompt reply. We aren't big on expensive meals as we are seniors and don't eat that much. We will be having a late lunch while touring the park, and will only want something light when we return in the evening. Any suggestions for reasonably priced eve. meal?

Also I'm wondering if we will be able to walk to the village from the four seasons? Another question is the route to the park? Do we go through Jackson, or use the Moose Wilson Road? I'm also considering doing a float trip or half-day safari. Do you think that is worthwhile, or is our time better spent exploring on our own? So many decisions....

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

A lot of the Village hotels have restaurants. If you're looking for something lighter, you could try the Mangy Moose, which is a saloon that offers entertainment and a variety of food. You can also get small dishes in the 4 Seasons bar and other restaurant bars.

"I'm wondering if we will be able to walk to the village from the four seasons"

You may have pictured Teton Village as a small ski town with a main street lined with stores, etc. But the Village is more like a cluster (some might say a jumble) of hotels, bars and shops on the hillside near the ski slopes. Here's a map:

jacksonholeres.com/properties/lodging-map.htm

You can easily walk from the 4 Seasons to, for example, the Mangy Moose.

"Another question is the route to the park? Do we go through Jackson, or use the Moose Wilson Road?"

If you go to GTNP through Jackson, getting to, let's say, the Moose Visitors Center, is about 15 minutes into Jackson plus another 15 minute drive to Moose up route 89. If instead you use the Moose-Wilson Rd, it's a much shorter drive into Moose; but the road is winding, partially unpaved and slow going due to summer tourist traffic.

"considering doing a float trip or half-day safari. Do you think that is worthwhile,"

Since you have several days, why do a little of both? The float trips are a lot of fun and the "safaris" are really good at finding wildlife and providing a lot of information. Add a couple of days on your own, and you've got a nice visit.

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

Thank you so much, Teton Bill. It is so nice of you to respond with so much information! You're a big help!!

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

Glad to help. Hope you enjoy your visit. TB

6. Re: Trying to make a Decision on Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 07:18