We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
315 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

Just bid on Priceline and got Inn At Jackson Hole for $150. Just needed a place to stay one night on way to GTNP, and after reading reviews, wished I'd gone with Motel 6 for $91. How long will it take us to reach this place from the airport at night? Didn't realize that when I bid on Jackson Hole I might get something 15 miles from town on what I read somewhere was a winding road. Anything encouraging someone can say? Is there is a grocery nearby? We'll need to shop for lunch stuff, cooler on our way to the park.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

The Inn is at Teton Village, still considered Jackson Hole, but not the town of Jackson. It is off the Teton Village Road, and unless you are going to enter through the park's Moose Entrance and travel South, you will not be on a windy road heading in. It is a straight, paved, well travelled Road.

Teton Village is the home of Jackson Hole Ski Resort. There is a small grocery there, but I would stop in Jackson coming from the airport for your supplies. If you miss that, on the way to Teton Village there is a market at the Aspens.

The southern entrance to Grand Teton Park is right there at Teton Village so you'll have easy access the next day. The only inconvenience I can see is that you will need to backtrack to get groceries the next day or stock up the night before, which actually would be an efficient move. Just buy a block of ice and your supplies will last longer.

The Inn itself has changed hands - compared to some of the other luxury resorts its not as nice, but its ok and fine for the price you are paying.

At Teton Village, you have numerous restaurants at slopeside, a Tram and a free gondola that can take you to mid mountain for cocktails or a nice dinner.

Frankly, I'm a big fan of Teton Village for a relaxing first night to experience the mountains.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

>How long will it take us to reach this place from the airport at night?

From the airport, it's about 15 minutes to Jackson and then about another 15 minutes to your hotel.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
315 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

Thank you both for your help. Our flight doesn't get in until 9pm, and then we'll have to get our rental, so I don't know if grocery stores will still be open then. We can backtrack the next morning -- that will allow us to see more of the area in the light. I will definitely make other arrangements for our trip back -- we'll be leaving back out of Jackson very early about 10 days later. I've been a bit dismayed by the price of hotel rooms (like everyone else) and shouldn't have gambled. Didn't know the area well enough to make a good call. Lesson learned! It won't matter once we see the beautiful parks.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

You'll go right past a large grocery store (Albertson's) on the way to your hotel, so you won't be backtracking in the slightest if you wait to get groceries in the morning, assuming that you come through Jackson on your way to GTNP. Albertson's is located at the intersection of Broadway and Route 22.

You've got a nice hotel in a pretty setting. The Motel 6, on the other hand, is a little more convenient and a lot more basic. But it was recently completely remodeled and is really good value in Jackson.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
315 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

Thanks again for your help. I know we will enjoy it. It's my first time to Wyoming, and I'm already impressed with how kind everyone has been to help me make plans!

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

1 night? I say get supper8 or cowboy village if u are going to pay $150

7. Re: Inn at Jackson Hole: a mistake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 07:17