We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Teton Village in relation to Jackson and the Park?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
5 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Teton Village in relation to Jackson and the Park?

I have booked a one-bedroom suite at Teton Village for 4 nights, end of May for myself and two young adult kids. Then in early June we will head up to Yellowstone for a separate stay.

I am a little confused. Is Teton Village part of Jackson, or a separate community? Is it on the same hwy. as Jackson?

Does Teton Village have its own services such as a cafe/ grocery store/ gas station, or do we need to go to Jackson to access those services?

We will be doing day trips from Teton Village into the park, and also to the Wind River area near Pinedale.

I am wondering if there is a direct route from Teton Village to the park where the roads will be open? (I read a post that said something about roads closed - in the off season??). I assume that the ski season will be finished in late May when we are there? Does Teton Village shut down after the ski season is over or will there still be people around?

Thanks for setting me straight :)

1. Re: Where is Teton Village in relation to Jackson and the Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 July 2016, 20:47
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Teton Village in relation to Jackson and the Park?

>I am a little confused. Is Teton Village part of Jackson, or a separate community? Is it on the same hwy. as Jackson?

The map that Ystoner provided will help clear up roads/highways as they interlink between the towns as well as distances. Jackson Hole is the valley that encompasses several communities such as the Town of Jackson, Teton Village aka Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wilson, Moose, Moran and Kelly.

>Does Teton Village have its own services such as a cafe/ grocery store/ gas station, or do we need to go to Jackson to access those services?

The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Map provides details on all of their amentiies via this link

www.jacksonhole.com/maps/village-summer.html

Given the short distance between the two, Wilson, town or JHMR can provide what you need, but town will have the most selection.

>I am wondering if there is a direct route from Teton Village to the park where the roads will be open?

Yes via Moose-Wilson Road as you can see on the map Ystoner provided. The road is a windy 8 mile long road, some of which is unpaved. The entrance station is about a mile north of TV. It can be slow, albeit lovely drive. However, the route via the highway to Moose can sometimes take the same amount of time. Either one are fine and as you can see by the directions, you can access miles/distance and time.

>I assume that the ski season will be finished in late May when we are there? Does Teton Village shut down after the ski season is over or will there still be people around?

Visit www.jacksonhole.com for information about summer activities. Yes, skiing is done for the season.

Edited: 19 April 2016, 15:39
3. Re: Where is Teton Village in relation to Jackson and the Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2017, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Teton Village