We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
494 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

My husband and I are landing at JAC Airport on Sat, Sept 17 at 7pm. We are staying at the Hotel Terra Jackson Hole. Google Maps shows the drive is ~30 minutes. I've read many comments to avoid driving at night. Obviously, we have no choice but to drive at night. Will our drive be okay? We are renting a car from Alamo, so I'm guess we probably won't leave the airport until closer to 8pm (getting luggage / car).

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
17,841 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

The recommendation is not to drive in the parks at night. There are big animals who are used to people driving on "their roads" and don't try to stay out of those roads. It's not a good combination.

You are going in the opposite direction = into town.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,511 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

You will take the Shuttle bus to out near Teton Village to pick up your car anyway!!

Mentioned in this post
Teton Village
Teton Village
Jackson Hole, WY
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
494 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

Peach - Oh! I didn't know that. Great news!

4. Re: Driving at Night from JAC to hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2018, 10:18