We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Lodging in TV

Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
March Lodging in TV

I'm very familiar with the Jackson Hole area, and it's our favorite mountain in the U.S. to ski. The problem is the price of lodging!! I'm very aware of the high cost of real estate & why we pay what we do. I'm surprised that many of the lodges that we are finding through the JH website seem very outdated as well.

In the past our family of four stayed at Hotel Terra. There are challenges with staying there, & we now want to bring another family and get a larger place. We loved the looks of Granite Ridge next to the Teewinot lift but in March we're looking at $15K plus. Found a small home not ski in/ski out down below the Four Seasons but it's still $13.5K. Because of the laws in Jackson Hole against VRBO listings....I'm at a loss of who to go through to book our lodging.

Do any of you have experience with good lodging companies or ideas on other homes we should look at in the Village? We love downtown Jackson but are such skiers that we really should stay close if possible. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Lodging in TV

The town of Jackson prohibits short term rentals. Not vbro per se.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March Lodging in TV

There are no laws in Jackson Hole that limit short term rentals. Jackson Hole is the area the includes several towns but has no governing body outside of Teton County. What you are probably referring to is the Town of Jackson which limits which properties (most of them) that can do short term rentals b/c they already have a housing crisis for locals.

However, that does not include Wilson, Teton Village and homes in the Aspens for rental opportunities. If you are very familiar with JH, then you'll know where these places are.

The Aspens located on the road to JHMR allows short term rentals.

www.rmrentals.com/our-properties/the-aspens/

The above link provides rentals for this community, but many others will as well.

The Clear Creek Group has numerous luxury home rentals that could get you w/in budget perhaps if you elected to combine both families in one home

http://www.theclearcreekgroup.com/

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: March Lodging in TV

Jackson Hole Reservations or Jackson Hole Resort Lodging.

Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March Lodging in TV

This was a great suggestion. Great selection & I saved $3k on the same lodge that JHMR tried to sell me. Clear creek definitely the way to go!

Edited: 08 September 2016, 02:50
5. Re: March Lodging in TV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2018, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about Teton Village