We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hawaii

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
hawaii

hi i really want to visit hawaii but was thinking october is this a good month for good weather? , also im really not sure which island to stay but definately want to visit oahu and the big island does anyone have any recommendations? i want to see quite a lot of hawaii not just for a relaxing holiday and also what is the flight time from london ?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,500 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hawaii

Hi Jamie - you would be better helped if you posted on the general Hawaii forum - you have posted on a specific town on the Big Island. How much time do you have for your holiday? Are you comfortable renting/driving a car? That may help determine what island would best suit you. Most flights go to/thru Oahu, so that would be easy to stay there - whether you want to hop to another island really depends on how much time you have and what you want to do.

Is this a solo trip? Family? couple? What is your budget? Activities you enjoy? The more details you can share, the better we can help you. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hawaii

oh ..whoops didnt realise i writ this on specific thing :) , it will be about two weeks as a couples holiday , none of us actually drive yet so not sure about that one! ive been looking at things i would like to do so have a good idea and most of the things i want to do are quite cheap and still get to see alot the only one that was quite expensive was the volcano park but im sure its worth it , i would want to visit the big island but maybe staying in oahu is the best option, my budget is quite tight really about £1000-2000 but 2000 at a push really!

thanks for your help!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,500 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hawaii

If you don't drive, the best island for you will be Oahu - as they are the only island with good public transportation. You could always do a one day tour of the Big Island to see Volcano Nat'l Park, but I am not sure how much those cost - I am sure they aren't cheap. :)

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,343 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hawaii

Ditto coalminer. If you don't drive, you're really limited to O`ahu - mostly in Honolulu. That's not such a bad thing. The whole Waikiki area, which is the resort area along the beach, is walkable, and public transportation is good. You'd book tours to other areas of the island like Pearl Harbor.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
39,092 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hawaii

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60583-i630-k53113…

Click on this for topic on flights from London.

My vote is for Oahu with no driving and your budget.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hawaii

Hello,

FYI - there are 8 main islands - seven inhabited - O`ahu has the capitol- Honolulu which Waikiki is a part of. Our state does not have a public transport system - UNLIKE the UK or much of Europe. We love the Tube but we do not have anything like it in Hawai`i. Visiting Honolulu (Waikiki)- is like visiting any major city - it is dense and has traffic - beaches are more crowded in Waikiki - less crowded toward the east side. You could rent a place on the north side and then switch to Waikiki. If you are looking at wide sandy beaches - and open spaces... the neighbor islands - Hawai`i, Kaua`i or Moloka`i have more of that feel. Maui has had explosive growth which pretty much built- maybe over built its charm.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,081 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hawaii

Is your budget per couple? You have 14 nights. Are you planning to find a place to stay together with the other couple? What are you wanting to see and do?

8. Re: hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:40
Get answers to your questions about Hilo