We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

Family of 3 (2 adults and a 9 yr old). Budget up to 150/night. Driving from Kona side to Hilo for 2 nights to see VNP, falls, gardens etc. Looking for clean, safe hotel for 2 nights. Recommendations please?

Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

If you want to stay in Hilo, then the best hotel would be the Castle Hilo Hawaiian. It's old and in need of an update, but it's clean, and I love the location (on the bay and across from Liliuokalani Gardens). It would be in your price range.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,639 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

You also might look at a few B&B's or staying in Volcano for those 2 nights. :)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

The Dolphin Bay Hotel - HIlo is clean and basic. 2 bedroom apartment will be about $180 and a couple blocks walk to the bayfront shoping cafes such as Cafe Pesto or Cronnies. Its biggest down side is the adjacent loud frog noise at night.

http://www.dolphinbayhotel.com/

If staying in Volcano the Family Attic room at My Island B&B maybe at about $140/night w/ shared bath and really full continental breafast.

www.myislandinnhawaii.com/historic-rooms.html

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,791 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

Hello, please read the Top Question (Island of Hawaiʻi forum) on where to stay on the east side -- has helpful topics/discussions linked that include recommendations.

Edited: 22 April 2013, 22:19
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

Lacking time and patience to research the options, . I randomly picked a few choices which looked good in first glance..looking for advice as to which one would be best for family with a child.

options: hilo honu in hilo

volcano village?( looks more like a place for honeymooners)

crater rim cabin

kilauea lodge

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

I've stayed at Volcano Village Lodge a few times, it's my favorite place to stay in Volcano. Took our 11-year old last time. It's very kid friendly because the cottages are self contained and some have lofts and more than one bedroom. But it exceeds your budget. I've also stayed at Crater Rim Cabin and Kilauea Lodge. Both are excellent choices.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 00:33
7. Re: Hotel in Hilo- June 10th for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:16