We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organic foods

columbia tn
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Organic foods

Any recommendations on organic food stores or restaurants close to Honokaa?

13 replies to this topic
Honokaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Organic foods

The front is a small market. Dining ( and a little bar) in the back.

You could also check out my friend Bernie's store, Sourcing Wellness. It's about another block Hilo side. She is very knowledgable.

Boston
Level Contributor
186 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Organic foods

Thanks. It led me to a link to the local paper where I also discovered Tutu House info in Waimea.

Hamakua
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Organic foods

Jolene's has become "Grandma's Kitchen" and it's a huge improvement. Home style Portuguese food. It's the folks who used to run the 50's Cafe in Laupahoehoe and they have relocated to Honokaa since it's a much more happening town. They didn't bring the chocolate malteds with them, though, but their food is still good. Not sure how much of it is organic, though.

The Green Cafe is probably your best bet for organic although there's also the farmer's markets, too. Honokaa has the one at the Mamane & Maile street intersection as well as one on Saturdays closer in to the middle of town. There are now several juice bars in Honokaa, they'd probably have some organic options.

There's also another farm place, Ahualoa Farms, on your way into town if you're coming in from the Hilo side. I've not looked to see what they have, though.

Every time you turn around lately, there's another little business popping up in Honokaa.

Reply to: Organic foods
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Honokaa