We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

Which Waimea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

OMG, the winds have been insane for over a week! NOISY, CHILLY, RATTLY, HOUSE-SHAKING, WILD WINDS.....is this what I'm in for for the remainder of this month and January? No one has a space heater whereever I stay and the places are all drafty....so I'm freezing! I'm sitting right now on a couch with sweatshirt and sweatpants and my nose and fingers are chilly to touch!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,963 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

Poor girl!

It's been windier than usual. Does that help? This is why we tell visitors to think hard before booking Waimea in the cool months. I k ow you don't have a choice.

Sweats, warm socks, one if those woolen hats.

Kona
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

It's been the same crazy windy down in the Kawaihae area - and 24/7 screaming winds are not at all unusual for that part of the island. But yes, they do die down, eventually . . .

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

Sorry to complain. Waimea has fabulous food! And, I had a great weekend in Kona, but I just can't live without a heater when it's cold! LOL I can make it without the a/c, no problem!

4. Re: Do the winds of Waimea ever die down?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 22:15