We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Cordova, Alaska...
2 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Heading to Hawaii for my wedding and have been in touch with Beachfront rental. Has anyone had any interactions with them? Any suggestions on houses with a lawn big enough for a wedding ceremony and reception for 50? Thank you!

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Hopefully TT will know about beacfront travel, they are new to me. That is a big reception... have you thought about maybe using a resort for the wedding? Royal Kona is a nice option to consider.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

I would also consider a hotel or resort (although certainly not Royal Kona Resort).

Houses of that size are going to be very expensive and generally have minimum nights requirements. If you have people traveling to stay here for the wedding, a hotel or resort will often offer attractive room rates.

Cordova, Alaska...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

I'm look at renting a house through Beachfront Travel. I already have it picked out but I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. I want a house that we can have the ceremony and reception at and would be renting for at least 7 days. I don't want to go to a resort. I would love any help or advice you can give! Thank you! :)

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Ah, Got it. Do you have a website for the house? If we see it we might know it even if we don't recognize the name the owners or whoever are marketing it under.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Never heard of them and checking the DCCA web site brings up nothing either, not registered or licensed. hawaii.gov/dcca/…

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Their website says they're a division of "Travel By Design". The house is on Kealakekua Bay. Note that's a pretty remote location. That may be fine for you, but a lot of people don't realize it's in a rural area and not near any beaches to speak of, quite a drive out to get to restaurants and grocery shopping and most Big Island sights. I stayed down there (at a different house) when I first visited the BI almost 20 years ago and

loved it, but it's not for everyone.

The house might have some reviews on Tripadvisor.

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

There is no company registered and licensed by that name either. I checked the GET license database too, there is no GET license issued to those names either.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Here is a thread on Beachfront Travel from the Kauai forum...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60625-i1817-k4677…

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

Have you checked to see whether the house you like is managed by other listing services or is on VRBO?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront Travel- Legit?

OK, I had to search for their site (PLEASE post links with questions like this) and I would never rent from them. Pick a management company that is actually based on this island, at most an all-island company, not a national company. Local hands on matters.

Or rent from owner.

Get answers to your questions about Kealakekua